When trying to grasp some basic computers terms, it is paramount to master a number of the computer terminology.
It is considering the popularity of computers, tech, the internet, and everything within that niche. It is essential to be knowledgeable on these basic computer terms.
You can do that by learning on the internet or better yet you can get a coach or a helper who is well versed with everything on the computer.
Basics computer terminology
Input & output device basic computers terms
They are also known as I/O devices.
An input device is a tool that dispatches data to the computer. Examples of input devices are:
- Bar code reader.
An output device is a gadget that sends information out of the computer or converts data to a more relatable form. It can be in text, audio, or video—for example, Monitor, printer, speaker, etc.
Network devices are physical gadgets that enable communication between computer hardware and computer network.
Examples of network devices are:
- Access point and many more.
The internet is a worldwide system that broadly connects a network of computers. It uses an internet protocol site to enable communication between a network and a device. It is also known as the “network of networks.”
It is responsible for the disbursement of digital information through applications such as World Wide Web. It also allows communication through things such as social media and emails. You can also browse a program through internet explorer web browsers.
There are instances when you access services on a remote cloud and not on an onsite server, such as a memory card or a hard disk drive.
There are three cloud services models: software, platform, and infrastructure.
Cloud services provide users with various familiar functions such as streaming, storage, backup, data analysis, emailing, etc.
In computing, it is the process where multiple users simultaneously share a computing resource such as a central processing unit (CPU) of a broad-reaching digital computer through a multiprogram.
Amazon Web Services
Amazon web services, abbreviated as AWS, is a safe cloud service that offers business owners a platform to store data, deliver content, be innovative and other functions to ensure their business grows.
Internet service providers
Internet service provider( ISP) is defined as a company or an agency that aids in providing and accessing the internet to people and businesses.
Network of computers
A network is when several computers (two or more) are connected to share data, resources or enable electronic communication.
A personal computer is a computer designed for individual use only. Its capabilities, power only defines its purpose for a particular use.
It is also known as external memory. It is a non-volatile gadget that stores or keeps data. Once stored, you can remove it by deleting the data on it. If a computer does not have secondary storage, all the data and programs get lost when the computer is shut—for example, hard drive, DVD, CD, etc.
A primary storage device holds a memory for a short time as the computer runs. An example is RAM and cache.
Also known as a file-level is a systematic method of storing data to rank to a computer hard drive or network-attached storage gadget.
Process of creating digital media using three-dimensional representation. It is used in the production of movies and video games.
Application integration is the process where applications that have been designed independently are enabled to work together. It is a derivation from the term application integration, basically integrating Apps.
Here are capabilities that are expected:
- The copies of the data of each independent application should be consistently kept separate.
- starting the merged flow of a series of activities performed by the separate applications.
- There should be data and functionality from the independently designed application.
Application Programming Interface
Application programming interface (API) acts as a middle-system allowing two independent applications to communicate.
For example, you are using Facebook to send an instant message. Another example is when you use another app like sprout social to post on a social media page or schedule on Facebook.
An operating system (OS) is the most popular of computer terms. It is a system that operates a computer’s memory, processes, hardware, software, and resources. It is also a typical service provider of some of a computer’s needs.
When a computer is running, various programs require access to your computers, like the storage, memory, and the CPU. An OS helps coordinate these programs as they run simultaneously.
An example of an OS is Microsoft windows, Apple inc, macOS, and even Linux.
A database system collects or organizes information and keeps it in the computer system. It is the process of storing information.
The Graphical User Interface System
A graphical user interface (GUI) is a system that displays visual and interactive objects for computer software. It shows helpful information and actions that a user can follow.
The GUI components are subject to appearance changes once users interact with them.
Examples of the GUI are:
- Internet browsers, like google chrome and firefox
- Microsoft programs
- Apple and many others.
There are many computer terms to learn, such as Creative Computing, edge computing, executable program, client program, access Memory, and ram random access memory.
The Basics of programming languages
- The BASIC language is the abbreviation for beginners’ all-purpose symbolic instruction code. It is a unit with general purpose and high-level programming languages. Its design philosophy emphasizes ease of use.
- A high-level language is a programming language that assists a programmer in writing code that can either be more independent or less to a specific type of computer. It is user-oriented.
- Low-level languages: It is a machine-oriented programming language, which is very close to writing machine instructions.
- The markup language is a system that is not a document to make one see its difference from the content.
Can You Still Program in Basic?
With the evolving technology, the question still goes around: Is BASIC still useful for programming? The answer is yes. Several people are still using BASIC to program. Some use them to come up with games and apps.
It is rarely used for professional programming.
How do you Write a Computer Program for Beginners?
As a beginner learning how to write a program, there are specific steps that you should take. They are:
- Have a clear goal of the problem you want to solve.
- Come up with a solution.
- Draw a flowchart
- Create a fake code
- Write the code itself
- Run a test and debug.
It is critical to learn the coding language and how to create loops. Loops will help you avoid repetitive code. Avoiding repetitive codes ensures that you get the right program without many hurdles.
What are the Rules of Basic Programming
Like every other thing, technology has its set of rules for functionality. Here are some standard BASIC regulations that you must apply while programming.
- Each statement should appear on its line
- Statements should not be longer than one line
- Write statement instructions separately
- The beginning of every statement should be a statement number or line number and, most importantly, a positive integer. The line numbers from every statement should be different from each other.
- A BASIC keyword is mandatory for every statement, highlighting the instructions to be taken.
- The Statement numbers of each statement following each other must be increasing. For example, if the first one is, then the next one is twenty.
- On several computers, a program should end with a closing statement
- If you want to deviate to somewhere else in the program, use a Goto statement
What are the four types of programming language
There are four classified programming language
1) Procedural Language
2) Functional Language
3) Object-Oriented Language
4) Scripting language.
What are the five basic elements of programming
The backbone of a program is these elements. Most programs use either of the following:
Are you a beginner, a student of information technology or computer science? Are you struggling with any of your courses, computer terminology, basic computers terms, computer data, the physical parts of your program development project? We are here to assist you. At galaxygrades.com, we will assist you in any way that you would want. Order now!