If you’re taking an ILM level 2 course, you’ll most likely have several ILM 2 assignments. At Galaxygrades.com, we have carefully crafted ILM assignment guides to help you understand each section of your paper.
You can rely on our guides because we have the best ILM graduate writers who ensure all the content is accurate, clear, and relevant. The principles come with video tutorials, good answers, and academic keywords related to the ILM units and your workplace.
If you also need ILM assignment help, we provide experienced ILM writers who have worked on countless assignments. Order now to receive high-quality and well-answered essays that will boost your grades.
What are ILM 2 Assignments?
An ILM assignment is a work-related test in essay form. The assignment paper exists to prove that you understand the units and learning outcomes. The essay usually has a word count of 1,000 words.
ILM 2 assignments are level 2 essays aimed at assessing individuals who aspire to be team leaders or newly appointed leaders in the professional environment. ILM 2 assignments are done in the ILM level 2 award in leadership and team skills training.
Examples of ILM 2 candidates include aspiring managers, directors, and CEOs.
The ILM 2 assignment seeks to assess the following principles on how to be an effective team leader:
- How to plan and allocate work-related responsibilities
- Effective team working
- How to work within the company’s guidelines to achieve teamwork
- Monitoring the team’s performance against the blueprint.
What is an ILM qualification equivalent to?
One common question we receive at Galaxygrades.com is, “what is an ILM qualification equivalent to?”
Note: ILM qualifications are delivered and recognized by The City and Guilds of London Institute.
The ILM courses range from level 2 to level 7. Every qualification typically equates to the following:
- ILM Level 2= NVQ(level 2) or GCSE grades(A-C)
- ILM Level 3= NVQ(level 3) or A levels
- ILM level 4= NVQ(level 4) or undergraduate degree(First year)
- ILM level 5= Diploma of higher education or undergraduate degree(Second year)
- ILM level 6= BTE advanced professional education(certificates, diplomas, and awards) or undergraduate degree(Third year)
- ILM level 7= Post-graduate education(certificates and diplomas) or Master’s degree.
In addition to the above qualifications, the ILM offers special courses like the Certified Principles of Leadership and Management for Adult Social Care.
What is an ILM Assessment Criteria?
ILM assessment criteria are descriptions of the candidate that demonstrate learning outcome achievement. Each unit in ILM must undergo a mandatory assessment that addresses unit criteria and learning outcomes.
The assessment criteria determine the learning outcome in ILM. The assessment criteria are the most common component used in marking. Therefore, for a candidate to pass any unit, they must satisfy every assessment requirement.
Every assessment criteria constitute a verb that is directly linked to the qualification level’s autonomy and complexity. The verb states what the learner must do specifically to satisfy the assessment criteria. Examples of verbs found in most Galaxygrades.com assignment papers include analyzing, describing, explaining, and critiquing, to mention a few.
The ILM provides assessment instruments, but educational facilities can still create their tools. Such instruments include:
- Case studies
- Reflective logs
- Professional discussions
- Recorded direct or indirect observations
Key Features of This ILM Level 2
There are three modules of the ILM level 2.
Developing the leadership role
- Respecting authority limits
- Learning to fulfill key responsibilities of a team leader depending on the working environment
- Developing skills and abilities for team leadership
- Developing a personal development plan by recognizing areas of strength and improvement
- Applying reflective learning skills for a compelling performance
- Finding approachable ways of obtaining, receiving, and responding to feedback from the team members.
- Consideration of the team’s members welfare and needs
- Learning and applying stages in the communication process
- Overcoming communication barriers
- Recognizing both verbal and non-verbal communication aspects
- Competence to use and apply direct methods of communication. This includes both written and non-written methods
- Importance of maintaining communication records.
- Learning simple time management strategies
- Developing awareness of your own ability and skills
- Setting SMART goals and prioritizing them
- Setting personal objectives that align with the team’s objectives
- Identifying causes of stress at work
- Securing reliable sources of support.
How to Approach the ILM Assignments Paper
If you visualize the working principles in the real world, you’ll realize that answering the ILM paper is a detailed process. At Galaxygrades.com, we know there’s no formula to approaching an assignment.
When approaching ILM assignments, make sure to stick to the verb provided in the assignment. The key verbs include words like describe, discuss, outline, list, and analyze, to mention a few. Consider following a simple technique with only three steps to alleviate your answering process.
- Read and understand the question
- Answer the question
- Confirm you’ve answered the question correctly.
How to Pass the Assignment
As long as the learner demonstrates that they have grasped the ILM syllabus, there are high chances of passing the assignment.
Although every ILM assignment is different, our Galaxygrades.com writers always consider the following approaches when handling your paper.
- The policies and procedures
- Identifying problem/s
- Why and how do you need to solve the problem/s
- Decide on a course of action
- Action assign responsibility plan
- Plan how to support, motivate, and monitor
If you stick to the above details, you can be assured full marks in the assessment criteria.
ILM assignment example questions
All ILM questions are relevant to what is covered in the unit and must be workplace. Examples of questions handled by our Galaxygrades.com writers include:
- Outline the advantages of effective teamwork
- Analyze how leadership and management theories are applied in a working environment
- Describe the challenges on the ability to amend priorities and plans
- Explain the key responsibilities of the employer regarding workplace safety
- Discuss the importance of checking the accuracy of communicated information.
How to Structure Your Answers
At Galaxygrades.com, we follow the structure of the ILM assessment criteria.
Use the Unit Titles as Headings
The ILM paper divides the ILM units into sections with the required outcomes. Use the titles as your headings. Don’t create new headings to avoid confusing the marker. For example:
Section 1: Evaluate your own ability to satisfy the leadership role
Section 2: Evaluate your own awareness of emotions in shaping performance
Section 3: Evaluate your own ability to give direction and gain commitment
What should be in each answer?
For purposes of content flow, let’s look at section 1.
- Assess yourself against what the theory says, its meaning, and references used
- Give a little background of your leadership skills in your place of work
- Mention your abilities
- Give examples of application in your workplace
- Link to your development plan or CPD Log.
ILM Level 2 Qualification
The ILM 2 qualifications are in two forms. They include:
- Credit value-3-12
- Structure-2 unit groups, at least 1hour induction, 2 hours tutorial.
ILM 2 Certificate
- Credit value-13-36
- Structure- 2 unit groups, 2 hours tutorial support.
Level 2 Leadership and Management Skills
Leadership and management skills are generally required to lead, organize, and motivate a team. The qualifications help you transition from being a team player to being an effective leader. On completion of the ILM course, you should be able to:
- Practice these skills effortlessly in your workplace
- Improve the team’s performance
- Get a nationally recognized leadership qualification
- Increase productivity in your workplace.
The skills you need to lead, organize and motivate a team
Managing a team is never easy. However, with the help of the ILM 2 course, the units cover a wide range of knowledge of skills required to lead, organize, and motivate a team. Examples of such skills include:
- Effective communication
- Team player
- Hard work
What Qualifies a Team Leader?
Team leaders motivate the members to increase productivity and exceed expectations. The responsibilities of a team leader vary from company to company, including Galaxygrades.com. However, specific qualifications are constant. They include:
- Efficient learner
- Strong ethical and moral standards
- Nurtures growth their team members
- Excellent self-organizational skills
- Fosters connections and relationships among team members
- Able to make hard decisions on behalf of the team.
What are the Leadership and Management Theories?
Leadership and management theories are interpretations of how and why people become leaders. Let’s look at the standard theories.
- Behavioral theory- focuses on the behavior traits of leaders that other leaders can emulate.
- Management/transactional theory focuses on leaders’ organization, supervision, and group performance.
- Contingency/situational theory- focuses on the effects of failure or success of a leader.
- Great man/trait theory- focuses on innate skills and abilities that make leaders great.
- Democratic/participative theory- focuses on involving employees in decision-making.
- Power theory- focuses on how leaders use power and influence to accomplish things.
ILM Assignment Help
At Galaxygrades.com, we understand that ILM assignments are not a walk in the park. They require in-depth explanations and a high level of accuracy when writing. This is why you should let us help you.
Click order now for all your ILM course assignment needs!