Using issue in a sentence might result from several different meanings. As a noun, issue in a sentence most commonly refers to something published, such as an article or essay in a magazine. You can also use the term “note issue” in a sentence to mean a government’s central bank issuing new currency notes.
Additionally, it often refers to a problem that has been raised or that needs to be addressed. For example, if a proposal to build a shopping mall in the area is being considered, you might say, “The issue of whether or not to allow the construction of a shopping mall in this neighbourhood has been hotly debated.”
To learn more on using issue in a sentence, check out below.
Full Definition of issue
There are many ways to define the term “issue.” In the simplest form, it is a problem that requires explanation. The word can also be used to mean what one said or did was incorrect.
Issue means difficulty that comes up suddenly and urgently, requiring an immediate response. In such a case, something that goes wrong suddenly needs attention immediately, and the only issue left pending is to work on it.
One can also use the word issue as a verb, which means to say something was incorrect. Another way to define issue in a sentence is by saying that it is where two or more opposing groups make opposite claims about what should be done about an important matter. The groups could be deeply divided in local politics.
It can also be defined as a problem that requires explanation, such as something you are concerned about, or that needs to be fixed.
Examples of Issue in a Sentence
Let’s have a look at how the words “Issue” can be incorporated flawlessly into various sentences below:
Such a crucial issue example sentences
- The modernization of social care has been such a crucial issue for the past years, but the results have been more and more unsatisfactory and disappointing.
- Such a crucial issue like immigration is too important to be left to Nigel Farage and his hatred towards migrants. He is bad for foreign affairs.
- What we need today is unity between us because such a crucial issue like climate change requires cooperation by everyone.
- The essentiality of gun control has been such a crucial issue for the past few years, but no measures have been taken to address it.
- My parents are always fighting about money; I wish they could focus on something else, like spending more time with me or such a crucial issue.
- I think you are wrong; How can your calculations be wrong on such a crucial issue?
- Sometimes during a presidential election, a crucial issue is raised that can change the course of history.
- The American people have brought up such a crucial issue and it will not be ignored.
- This is such a crucial issue to America’s success as an economy and as a nation, but with most asking for more time, there is no telling when something will be done.
- The American people demand that such a crucial issue be the main topic of the presidential debate tonight.
- What do you think about such a crucial issue being brought up so late in the election?
Serious issue in a sentence examples
- Many people are concerned about the serious issue of global warming.
- We are all very concerned about the serious issue of rising hate crimes in America.
- Their statement did little to ease concerns that China’s slowing economy might spur a serious issue for global growth, particularly with its vast manufacturing sector.
- The TV series “Sherlock” has raised a serious issue about data privacy and integrity.
- I just read an article on CNN that talks about the serious issue of sexual assault in the military.
- Sending me these annoying spam e-mails is a serious issue, so please stop.
- Workplace bullying is a serious issue, but many employers do not see it.
- It’s a very serious issue that you’re consistently late to work. You need to fix this ASAP.
- The lack of concern for the environment is a serious issue that needs to be addressed immediately.
- Inflation is a very important and difficult subject to understand, as it has serious implications for monetary policy.
- Over the next few years, aging infrastructure will be a growing and serious issue that we have to deal with more often.
- Paper currency elevates the serious issue of spreading Covid 19.
Major political issue in a sentence examples
- The major political issue between the Obama administration and Congress over whether to raise taxes to combat unemployment made the president’s chief advisors nervous over the entire issue.
- Many major political issues are discussed at the UN.
- The EU has given $80 million to help refugees in Africa fleeing their homes because of war or major political issues.
- Here are some major political issues that will become important in the national government.
- Some other major political issues people should pay more attention to include climate change and pollution.
- The government must make this major political issue a priority.
- This year, crime was one of the most major political issues, but it seems like next year’s election will center around economics instead.
- Abortion’ and ‘capital punishment’ are major political issues in the USA, but they are not considered serious topics for debate in European countries.
- In recent years, immigration has been a major political issue in many western countries. It is one of the most important issues in many national elections.
- Money is a major political issue in countries where the cost of living is very high.
- In many religious communities, abortion remains one of the most sensitive and divisive topics – and thus a major political issue.
Four types of sentence structure
Sentences are made up of words, but the structure determines the meaning. There are many different types of sentence structures. These structures can be broken down into four separate groups: simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex sentences.
A simple sentence contains one independent clause (or main clause) with zero or more dependent clauses (subordinate clauses). It is the least complex sentence.
“She sang a song.” “I can’t grow tomatoes.” “I saw her dance.”
The sentences above all have one main clause and no subordinate clauses.
A compound sentence contains two or more independent clauses, but there are at least two dependent clauses. An example of this is when there is one independent clause and one dependent clause in the same sentence.
“My dad drives me to school every day, so I slept in this morning because it wasn’t a major issue.”
The two main clauses are “My dad drives me to school every day” and “I slept in this morning because it wasn’t a major issue.” The dependent clause is “so.” A complex sentence contains one independent clause and at least one dependent clause.
“Because I slept in, my dad drove me to school.”
The main clause is “because I slept in.” The two dependent clauses are “my dad drove me to school” and “I slept in”.
A compound-complex sentence contains two independent clauses and at least two dependent clauses.
“My dad drove me to school because I slept in, but the traffic was terrible.”
The main clauses are “my dad drove me to school” and “the traffic was terrible.” The dependent clause is “because I slept in.”
Sentences can be combined in different ways to form almost any meaning. They allow for both short and long sentences (where one or more ideas are implied) to be formed. Sentence structure is also known as syntax.
Get Help On How To Use The word issue.
Using the word issue in a sentence can be diverse. You can use it in legal terms such as “issuing a summary judgment,” or when discussing a financial issue like “to issue bonds.” Whatever the case, be sure to use galaxygrades.com for the vast content that will help you use the word “issue” in a sentence properly. The site also offers academic help through its many academic writers and tutors.