Are you a student wondering how to go about obesity questions for a research paper? Do not worry because this article shall discuss the obesity epidemic in length. You will have not only the questions but also their answers.
Obesity is an issue of concern in the present world and mainly in the USA. This is because most people have embraced poor feeding habits and have failed in weight management. Fast food restaurants are the most accountable for both adult and childhood obesity. According to statistics, there are more than 600 thousand obese people globally. However, the number increases with the victims being exposed to other severe health conditions.
Keep on reading to know more as we address obesity in detail.
How To Write A Strong Obesity Research Paper?
Before writing any research paper, you have to have the basic knowledge of how to develop a good structure. Generally, most research papers have three parts: the introduction, main body, and conclusion.
Let us look at how you can develop a detailed obesity research paper.
Make a draft
This is the first thing to do, and you can write anything you know about obesity. This calls for intensive research from reliable sources, either the internet or books. Ensure you focus on what you think your readers could be looking for. You can come up with a table of content and ensure it covers all the needed parts of the research paper.
In your draft, be careful to maintain relevance and consistency. Once you have your draft ready, identify which part will go to the introduction, main body, and conclusion. Here is what each part should entail.
This is the essential part of your research paper because it’s where you capture your audience’s attention. Therefore, you must be creative enough to come up with content that will make your readers yearn for more. Remember to include some background information about obesity in this part so that the reader understands better.
Another thing that you should include in your introduction is a thesis statement. It is the one that gives the reader an idea of what you are writing about. However, the thesis must be precise and not exceed one sentence.
You may wonder why the statement is essential, but it comes in handy in helping the audience know the opinion of researchers regarding the obesity topic. Ensure the first sentence in the introduction is catchy enough to keep the reader hooked to the rest of the obesity paper.
This is the second part of your paper, supporting whatever you mentioned in the thesis statement. Therefore you must ensure that it is detailed and incorporates everything you researched about obesity. In this part, the paragraphs might be more extensive, but their length depends on the tutor’s instructions.
As you write, ensure that each idea that you got from your research is captured in each paragraph. However, your arguments must be viable and sensible to the reader.
This is the last part of any research paper. In conclusion, you are supposed to restate the idea of your whole research paper. As you sum up, you should ensure that everything rotates around the thesis statement. You don’t want to lose your relevance at this point. However, keep the conclusion as convincing and precise as possible.
Essential Guidelines on Obesity Research Paper
The main guidelines of an obesity research paper include
Let us look at each of them in detail.
The most popular way of establishing if a person is obese is by calculating the amount of fat in their body and comparing it with their body weight. This is also known as the body mass index. If your BMI is higher than your body weight, you could have this health condition. However, being overweight is not always a sign of obesity.
There are other ways that health experts use to measure body fat. They include ultrasound and measuring the skinfold’s thickness.
Evaluation of obesity
This stage helps rule out any other reason for the overweight. It is meant to establish if, besides obesity, there is any other condition that could be causing you to become overweight. During the evaluation, the doctor will ask about your weight history and if you have made any efforts to lose weight in the past. They will ask you about the food you eat and your family’s health history. They will also rule out diabetes and establish the treatment.
Treatment of obesity is diverse, mostly in obese adults. The doctor’s main aim in the treatment process is to ensure the patients go back to their average weight. There are many ways through which obesity is treated. Here is a list of them.
- Diet- This is one of the main ways of treating obesity. Doctors will advise you to avoid foods with fat significantly junk. The obese person is also advised on the portions of food to consume.
- Exercise-Reducing, the amount of food you eat, is effective, but it’s not more than engaging in physical activity. When you exercise, your body burns energy and helps you lose more weight. This is most important in women and children.
- Engaging your loved ones in your weight loss programs
- Getting proper health care may be by using weight loss medications.
- Setting weight management goals and sticking to them.
How to Write an Obesity Thesis Statement?
As mentioned earlier, an obesity thesis statement is the main idea of your research paper. It entails your position, ideas, and thoughts in regards to childhood obesity or obesity in adults. How you argue out your point makes a statement thesis strong. Below are some examples of writing an obesity thesis statement.
- The leading cause of obesity is a poor diet and surfeit
- There are various prevention methods against obesity despite it being genetic
- Obesity exposes the patients to a higher risk of chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Radical civilization development is the leading cause of obesity
- Obese people also suffer in the community due to the condition.
- Community organizations should consider obesity a serious problem and focus on public health campaigns.
Top-notch Obesity Questions for a Research
When it comes to obesity, there are many ideas that you can focus on and remain relevant. However, to make each idea strong, you must do thorough research. Here are topics that you can pick.
- How the body mass index is an indicator of obesity
- Consequences of obesity
- Effects of obesity on the victim’s life
- Obesity prevention methods and programs
- How to handle both adult and childhood obesity
- The best medicine and treatment for obesity
- Are there environmental factors that cause people to gain weight?
- What can the food industry do to help in the prevention of obesity?
- How can community leaders help in the fight against obesity?
- Why obesity increases daily in the world
- How obese patients can improve their daily life through exercise
- Who has a higher risk of becoming obese, women, children, or men? Why?
- Obesity and depression.
What Are the Main Causes of Childhood Obesity in Your Country?
Childhood obesity is a serious problem and requires detailed intervention. It is not only about being overweight but also exposes the child to other severe health conditions like diabetes. If something is not done, the children will become obese adults.
Here are some causes of childhood obesity
- Family history and genetic factors. For example, if the child’s parents are obese, their children might also develop the condition
- Stress and psychological factors
- Excessive eating, significantly junk and soft drinks
- Lack of exercise
How to Encourage Children to Live a Healthy Style of life?
- Talk to them about the benefits of being healthy. Let the children know why certain foods are good while others are not.
- Be a role model. Most kids copy what adults do and mostly their parents. If you talk to them about the benefits of physical activities, ensure you are the first one when it comes to that early morning exercise. Do it and make it look like it’s more fun than a weight-loss campaign. This way, they get used to it and continue.
- Allow the child to get enough sleep. This is important for improved emotional, mental, and physical health. Lack of enough sleep is among the reasons why obesity increases.
- Avoid buying unhealthy snacks and drinks in your house.
Are There More Junk and Fast Food Options Nowadays? How is that Related to Obesity Rates?
Yes. The number of junk food options is increasing daily, which explains why obesity continues to be a big problem. The food industry has contributed to this by not having health standards for the type of foods they produce. This results in the availability of too many junk foods in the market, making disease control efforts a significant challenge in public health.
Also, junk food and fast food have made most people lazy when it comes to cooking their food from scratch. Most of them see fast foods as the best option and ignore that they lead to more weight gain. This is mainly for men who don’t have families because they won’t be stepping into the kitchen to cook.
What is a Medical Treatment for Obesity?
This is an alternative whereby a doctor gives you the way forward about your conditions. Mostly, this treatment comes after all other weight loss efforts have failed to show improved outcomes. Below is a list of medical treatments for obesity.
- Use of supplements
- Prescription of medicines
- Change of behaviour
- Psychotherapy for those with eating disorders
The above are the primary medical treatment options for obesity. However, most of them depend on age, current body weight, tolerance to some types of medicines, and your opinion about the treatment, among other factors.
Should Fast-food Chains have Age Limits for their Visitors?
According to obesity questions for a research, children who eat fast foods and sugary soft drinks more than three times a week are significantly exposed to obesity risk. This leaves us with the question about age limits in fast food joints. Well, having age limits might not be practical since they are in business.
Therefore, it is a personal decision to either eat or avoid visiting the fast foods joints. If you have children, you should make the benefits of not eating these clear to them early and create a lifestyle intervention.
The Problem of Socializing in Obese Children
This is one of the most significant impacts of childhood obesity. Many obese children have been victims of stigmatization, which harms their psychological health. This becomes worse at school if the child is unable to participate in various activities like other kids.
Most of them are ridiculed and left with the option of isolating themselves. Some of them prefer not socializing to escape the ridicule that comes with obesity. This further affects their studies and overall emotional and mental health.
Do Physical Activity Behaviors Record Successful Weight Loss?
Yes. Physical activity greatly leads to weight loss because it helps in burning calories. These behaviours are the main pillars of healthy lifestyle intervention, which explains why doctors will always insist on the need for exercise.
What is the Obesity Epidemic?
Obesity is an epidemic because it’s a significant cause of death across the world. This results from the many chronic health conditions that it brings, including cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, and others.
What are the long-term outcomes of bariatric surgery in children and young people with obesity?
This surgery involves some procedures that are done on people with obesity. However, the procedures have some long-term effects bariatric surgery effects and here are some of them.
- Nausea and dizziness due to the dumping syndrome
- Low blood sugar
- Bowel obstruction
What is the best way to deliver obesity management interventions to people with particular conditions like high blood pressure?
Having obesity and blood pressure at the same time is tragic and can lead to heart problems. This means that you must make some urgent interventions. One of the best things to do is to work on reducing your blood pressure. You can achieve this by first establishing its cause.
For example, if the pressure is caused by stress, you should avoid it. Another intervention is medication, whereby the doctor will prescribe drugs based on several factors, including your blood pressure level and current body weight.
How can parents understand that their child is obese?
The perfect way for a parent to know if their child is obese is by having a BMI done. This is more so if your child has a huge body. The other method is by measuring the circumference of your child’s weight. Request for a waist to hip ratio. The last option is the measurement of skinfold thickness. All these should be done by a doctor.
How can the level of wealth impact the chance of a child’s obesity?
There is a very close line between obesity and wealth. Have you ever wondered why kids from poor families hardly become obese? Children who grow up in wealthy families have everything they want at their disposal. Most of their parents are too busy to watch what their kids eat, and since most kids like junk, they slowly drift into obesity.
How to Lose Weight Fast
Doctors recommend that you lose at least 2 pounds per week if your weight management goal is long-term. Although losing weight is not easy, there are several ways to lose weight with ease.
- Reduce intake of carbs and sugars
Carbs and sugars are the leading causes of weight gain, and the only way to lose weight fast is by dropping them by embarking on a low carbs diet. You don’t get hungry quickly. Also, your body uses the stored energy instead of the carbs you eat.
- Increase the intake of fats, vegetables, and proteins
- Exercise your body often.
- Eat more proteins
- Include healthy fats in your meals.
- Consume soluble fibre
- Get enough sleep
- Drink a lot of water
Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors
One of the reasons obesity has been named an epidemic is that it causes cardiovascular factors. This is the excess weight that causes adverse effects on cardiovascular systems and structure functions. As a result, an obese person develops hypertension or coronary heart disease, leading to death.
Lifestyle Intervention as a Way to Curb Obesity
Community efforts are one of the primary lifestyle interventions. They should entail mobilizing people to embark on healthy feeding habits and doing lots of exercise. The other intervention is assessing your body weight often to know if your body weight is okay. Additionally, engaging in physical activities comes in handy in maintaining good health and ideal weight.
Need Obesity Research Paper?
If you are a student and your tutor assigns you to do an obesity research paper, here are some of the things that you should do.
- Select a topic that you will be writing about. There are many obesity questions for a research, and some of them are mentioned above.
- Extensive research about obesity. This will help you know what you are writing and stick to it.
- Ideally, introduce your thoughts about diabetes to your readers
- Explain the cause of obesity and its effects on people
- Discuss the precautions that people should take to avoid obesity
- Enlighten your audience on different ways of treating obesity.
If you have been wondering how you can handle obesity questions for a research, this article has discussed what you need to do. You now know the topics that you can choose and how to write a good obesity statement thesis. We have also discussed the basic guidelines of an obesity research paper, and we believe this article has been an eye-opener. You now don’t have a reason to fail your examinations.
However, if you feel like this is too much for you, you can hire the best writers at Galaxygrades.com. We will help you write a good research paper and answer all obesity questions for a research that you have to ensure you excel in your studies.
Make your order today!