When asked to write Romeo and Juliet persuasive essay, what will you write? William Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet is such a well-known and loved story by all of us. Normally, for your English literature assignment, you will be expected to write an essay. It could be an argumentative, research paper essay, or Romeo and Juliet persuasive essay.
Before writing a persuasive essay on Romeo and Juliet. You must understand what is a persuasive essay, the outline of writing one, Romeo and Juliet persuasive essay topics e.tc.
This article aims to shed some light on what it entails to write a persuasive essay on William Shakespeare’s Juliet and Romeo
What is a persuasive essay?
So, What Is a Persuasive Essay?
In simple terms, it’s persuasive writing where the writer tries to give a certain message through their words. When writing a persuasive essay you are writing to convince the reader of the validity of your point of view.
For example, in Romeo and Juliet, if you are to write about two star-crossed lovers, obviously you will need to persuade your readers that it is worth reading by using a hook sentence.
You will need a strong thesis statement that explains what the issue is. In this case, how are the young lovers star-crossed?
After which you will now need to support your essay with evidence and facts from the book. You have to produce strong evidence in the body paragraphs.
The evidence could be followed by your opinions from the subject matter and also examples or tales from the play.
You can also include an explanation of how it is relevant to today’s society and how this story affects today’s society.
Persuasive Essay Prompts for Romeo and Juliet
An essay prompt is a set of questions that the teacher gives students to inspire them to write an essay. In this case, the prompt is a question about the play Romeo and Juliet.
This prompt is for you to come up with a persuasive essay based on Romeo and Juliet.
Examples of Persuasive Essay Prompts for Romeo and Juliet
The punishment of death is not useful until at the end of the play when Juliet Capulet and Romeo Montague die. Does the threat of death reduce acts of violence? in Juliet persuasive essay Romeo answer the question
Who is to blame for Romeo and Juliet’s Death? Are the nurse and friar Lawrence Responsible for Romeo and Juliet’s Death?
With supporting evidence analyze the characters in the play and indicate which character changes the most in the play and how doe that affects the outcome of the play.
Support either of these statements, is William Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet a Tragic Love Story or a Series of Poor Choices of star crossed lovers using the characters, Friar Laurence, Juliet, Romeo, and their families.
Using examples from the text write a persuasive essay explaining who among the characters, Nurse, Tybalt, Lord Capulet, Mertuco or Juliet, and Romeo leaves a memorable impact or are unforgettable in the play.
Was the play Romeo and Juliet written as a tragedy or a romantic text? Support your answer with evidence from the book
Among all the characters in the play Romeo and Juliet who portrays exemplary behavior? How do they do that? Why do you think they are the ideal role model, why do they stand out among all the characters?
Fate has everything to do with how Romeo and Juliet ended up. Do you agree? If yes, evidence from the text supports your answer.
The above are just but a few examples that you can choose when writing Romeo and Juliet’s persuasive essay.
However, it is critical to be careful when settling on a prompt. Always ensure that the play by William Shakespeare is a tragedy and you go ahead to write that it is not. Your persuasive writing will show that.
How to write William Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet Persuasive Essay
To write a winning Romeo and Juliet essay, you need to develop certain techniques that will see to it that you get a good grade. Here are eight techniques on how to write William Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet Persuasive Essay:
- Choose a comfortable topic. As mentioned earlier, when you settle on an essay prompt ensure that it is one you truly believe in. Ensure that you have a strong opinion of the subject matter. Even though you will have to research and read the text too. It is important that what you settle for is what you agree with.
- Write an introduction to your essay with a thesis statement that is relevant. What does your thesis statement say? What is the point you are trying to make? It is important to have an introduction because it can set the tone for the entire essay. What will your essay be about? What are you trying to prove? Your introduction and thesis statement should hook the reader to want to continue reading more.
- Make sure that your essay is organized well. Do not mix up ideas. Your Romeo and Juliet persuasive essay should follow a certain order. Your essay should follow a chronological order, that is, an introduction, the body paragraphs, and the conclusion. The body paragraphs too should be systematic to avoid losing the reader.
- Select the best sources for your information. Do not use too many quotations in your paper. Use only one or two quotes per page, if necessary. Too many cooks indeed spoil the broth. Similarly, if you over quote or in this case lift a conversation directly from the play too many times then your persuasive essay may be too ambiguous and at the end, it may not be a persuasive essay
- Take time to research your topic before you write the essay. Use the Internet, books, and other resources to help you write a good essay. It is paramount to do thorough research on essays that have been written before on the matter. For example, if you are arguing, Support either of these statements, is William Shakespeare’s play Romeo and Juliet a Tragic Love Story or a Series of Poor Choices of star-crossed lovers using the characters, Friar Laurence, Juliet, Romeo, and their families. If your persuasive essay is to convince the reader that it is a series of poor choices, you need to research even the tragedy part. So that you can counter that point. In turn, you will write a very strong persuasive essay.
- Be sure to use good English. Grammar is critical, more so this being an English Literature paper. Grammatical errors cannot be entertained. You can proofread your work or have a friend do it. Alternatively, you can result to grammar tools such as Grammarly to assist you to check some grammatical errors that you might overlook.
- Emphasize points. You can do this through deliberate exaggeration -of course not on facts on text but your opinion statements. You can also emphasize a point through repetition. Note that, it is not a repetition of words to increase word count, no, that can render you redundant. Instead by adding some weight on a point. You can do that by rephrasing, using narration or metaphors to explain the same point only in a different style. This technique will see to it that the reader is convinced of the validity of your point.
- Your conclusion should summarize what you have written. Write it in the past tense, just as you would speak it. You should not introduce a new concept in the conclusion. If you had not mentioned a character in the body paragraph, you cannot mention them after your persuasive essay.
Writing a persuasive essay is not difficult. If you follow the above guidelines with some knowledge of the book. You can be sure that you are going to write a paper that convinces everyone who reads.
What are some ideas for the introduction paragraph of an essay about William Shakespeare’s Romeo Romeo and Juliet?
Using one of the above essays prompts we are going to write some introduction paragraph ideas.
The introduction paragraph is probably the most important part of the essay. Yes, If you believe in good first impressions then take the introductory paragraph as a way of making a first impression.
An introductory paragraph tells the reader whether or not to continue reading the essay. It is also what tells the reader what the essay is all about. For that reason, it should be taken with utmost seriousness.
Most paragraphs have three parts, the topic sentence the supporting sentence, and the clincher or the closing sentence. An introduction paragraph has five parts too, however, the difference is in the layout of these three parts.
Here is what an introduction paragraph looks like:
The first part is the hook. The part that gets the attention of the reader, can be a question, an anecdote, a statistic. Just a sentence that grabs the attention of the reader.
The destiny of the two young lovers was sealed. Nothing they were going to do or say would change what fate had laid up for them. Does love conquer all?
By using the above example, you will want to read more about what happens to the two lovers, where does fate take them?
The second part explains the topic.
If the question was whether it was fate or poor choices. You will want to explain your side of conviction.
in the play, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare fate have a greater hand at what happened to the two lovers. Regardless of their efforts towards each other, Romeo and Juliet were faced by a mountain beyond themselves.
The third part and probably a very important part is the thesis of the paper. This outlines the role of the paper and what it is meant to do.
This paper seeks to prove that William Shakespeare uses destiny to drive the fates of both Juliet and Romeo. Their choices may not have been perfect but their fates had already been sealed from the word go. Juliet and Romeo even in another life would not have ended up together.
Meaning that your introduction will read:
The destiny of the two young lovers was sealed. Nothing they were going to do or say would change what fate had laid up for them. Does love conquer all? in the play, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare fate have a greater hand at what happened to the two lovers. Regardless of their efforts towards each other, Romeo and Juliet were faced by a mountain beyond themselves. This paper seeks to prove that William Shakespeare uses destiny to drive the fates of both Juliet and Romeo. Their choices may not have been perfect but their fates had already been sealed from the word go. Juliet and Romeo even in another life would not have ended up together.
Would you not want to read the rest of the paper?
Essays About Romeo and Juliet
Are you stuck with your essay about Romeo and Juliet? Have you been typing on google Juliet essays Romeo to no end? Well, your troublesome search has come to an end. Here at galaxygrades.com, we have a variety of persuasive essay prompts for you to write.
We also offer free essay samples and our professional writers are available 24/7 to tend to your essay needs. Contact us today and make your order!