Can you write a solid why marijuanas should be legal essay? Legalizing marijuana has been a debate by governments and its people for now. The question is, which is more harmful, tobacco or marijuanas?
The debate is likely to continue as some countries categorize marijuana among illegal drugs while others find the cure, otherwise known as Cannabis sativa, as a medicinal or helpful Drug.
So, when asked to write about this problematic topic on why marijuanas should be legal essay, what will you write in either a persuasive or an argumentative essay? In this article, you will get insights on what to write.
How to write a Why marijuanas should be legal essay?
A why marijuanas should be legal essay can be either a persuasive or argumentative essay or even a speech you have been asked to write—writing such an essay aims to convince your audience whether or not marijuana should be legalized.
Depending on your stand, your views, opinions, and facts on the matter, you are expected to write an essay that will sway your audience into your understanding.
For example, if you are part of the people who campaign for the legalization of the drug, you will probably argue from the point of supporting marijuanas. You could do this by convincing your audience that there is no harm in smoking marijuana. It probably is a better drug in comparison to alcohol or tobacco.
In your why marijuanas should be legal essay, it is crucial to have your facts right—thorough research on the impact that smoking marijuana causes. You can also use other countries that have legalized marijuana as examples. In countries like Colorado, what has changed? Has the good overshadowed the bad? Having your facts right will set out your essay as a strong one.
Ensure that your introduction is strong and your thesis statement clearly shows your stand. Here is an example of an introduction as well as a thesis statement.
Why should the government get to tell its people what they should take and what they shouldn’t? What happened to free will? The controversial question on the legalization of marijuana should come to a halt. After all, it is a drug like alcohol and cigarette. Infact it is less harmful and beneficial than some legal drugs. In this essay, I will explain why I think marijuana should be legalized, its benefits to the economy and health, and why the government should embrace that it is just like any other drug.
Why should Marijuanas be legal?
If marijuana is an illegal drug, why should the government make it legal? There are many arguments surrounding this debate. Many marijuana users, non-users, and drug dealers argue that the reason marijuana has not been made legal is that the government cannot tax the drug.
The argument is that anything untaxable is declared illegal. For example, brothels are legal, but prostitution is not. That is a debate for another day. However, there could be some truth in this argument. That could be the case, or the government is trying to protect young people from further exposure to illegal substances.
The controversial topic has those supporting legalizing marijuana as a recreational drug saying that it will help in so many ways. One is that it is a calming drug, and it has proven to solve problems such as anxiety and reduce seizures and epilepsy.
The other argument for why people should embrace legal marijuana is that it will reduce crime and save up some resources for the police. Instead of people committing crimes trying to access the drug, they will now have to buy it in a local store or chemist. Those who support this argument say the only thing the government should do is ensure that the packaging is child-proof.
You may term marijuana as an illegal substance, but is it more harmful than alcohol or cigarettes?
What are the Benefits of Legalizing Marijuana?
Marijuana use has a myriad of benefits, this popular recreational drug, if legalized, will benefit the people and the country as a whole. It has both economic and medical benefits. Here are some:
- It will create job opportunities. According to statistics done by Investopedia, the legalization of marijuana will create jobs for an average of 41000 people and generate an income of over 1.7 billion dollars.
- Increase in tax and revenue. Countries that have legalized marijuana have seen an increment in their income by over 20%. Colorado, which has made marijuana legal, made over 302 million dollars in tax. The yearly sales for recreational and medical marijuana summed up around 1.7 billion dollars.
- It is an investment opportunity. By making the drug legal, it will create opportunities for investors worldwide. Considering that marijuana is a full-proof commodity, it can be used for recreational and medical purposes meaning that it is not about to go down. Investors will place their money, and in turn, there will be growth in the economy.
If the above is not enough, imagine the amount of money and resources law enforcement officers spend trying to catch those who sell or smoke marijuana. As controversial as it may sound, marijuana might bring in more money than other illegal drugs or even legal ones.
Cannabis sativa is also famous for its medicinal purposes. Infact, those that argue that marijuana should remain illegal claim that the only way is if it is being used for medical purposes. Here are some of its medical use.
- Helps in the treatment of depression
- helps in fighting cancer cells
- It helps relieve chronic pain
- It helps regulate seizures among epileptic patients
- It helps people with ADHD to gain focus or at least be in control f their focus
- Moderate drug use helps calm the central nervous system and, to some point, calm anxiety. Kindly note that the overuse of marijuana can lead to an increase in your stress.
- It also offers relief to people with multiple sclerosis and relieves pain in arthritis.
- If you want to quit drinking alcohol, then marijuana is the way to go. It is known for helping curb alcoholism.
Note that it also has its share of health risks. It is not entirely a beneficial drug. There is an excellent reason why it’s ” marijuana illegal.” For example, it is well known for causing anxiety, hallucinations, psychotic tendencies, and it could damage the brain.
What are the Pros and Cons if we Legalize marijuana?
Marijuana legalization will have its advantages and disadvantages. Marijuana has a load of benefits, both medical and economic. However, it is also known as a gateway drug, and marijuana intoxication could lead to the intake of other more potent drugs, addiction, or even some health risks. Here is a list of pros and cons if marijuana should be legalized.
- Taxes collected from the sale of marijuana will help the public
- there will be the creation of jobs
- Marijuana use is less harmful than alcohol and tobacco
- Less use of resources for the Law enforcement
- decrease in crimes due to the phasing out of organized crimes and the black market
- Less use by the youth and teens. The excitement to do something illegal will be over
- could lead to increased use and cause harmful effects
- Rise in Traffic deaths related to the use of marijuana
- It is a gateway drug, and it is also addictive
- It may lead to a fall in productivity among workers. One of its long-term aftermaths is laziness, which may not be suitable for labor in a country.
- It is harmful to one’s health. It may damage the brain. It is also known to cause suicidal attempts from marijuana users.
- Growing Mariruajauna is harmful to the environment. It may cause soil erosion, deforestation (from those who want to plan the hemp plant), and river diversion.
Having the pros and cons at your fingertips will help you have a solid basis for your argument when writing a why marijuana should be legal essay. With some of the above pros and cons, you can either persuade your audience that marijuana should be legalized or not.
Why Marijuanas should be legal essay Help
Have you been assigned to write why marijuanas should be legal essays? If you do not know what to write, do not fear because we at galaxygrades.com have a team of experts ready to assist you in writing an excellent paper.
We have a team of ivy league professional writers who have written thousands and thousands of essays and helped millions of students worldwide. Whether it is a persuasive essay, an argumentative essay, or a speech on marijuana, our native English speakers will write a winning essay for you.
If you are also looking for why marijuanas should be legal essay samples, you can always come to us. Our 24/7 available customer service will pick up your call or chat and respond to you immediately. Order now!